Resources for Employers
- Data on Working Women (Resource Page)
- Workplace Policy (Resource Page)
- WOW's Green Initiative (Resource Page)
- Green Jobs, Training and Associations (Resource Page)
- Workplace Solutions: An Employer Manual (Large PDF, Produced by WOW in 1996)
- Workplace Solutions: The Union Manual (Large PDF, Produced by WOW in 1996)
- Recruiting Women Workers (Produced by WOW)
- Retaining Women Workers (Produced by WOW)
- Training Women To Do the Job!
- EEO Laws (Resource Page)
- Women in Apprenticeships and Nontraditional Occupations (WANTO Act) Factsheet
- Women and Workforce Investment for Nontraditional Jobs (Women WIN Jobs) Act
- Non Discrimination Policies (EEOC site)
- Sexual Harassment (Produced by WOW)
- Key Elements for Employers to Prevent Sexual Harassment
- Work and Family (Resource Page)
- What is a Nontraditional Job (NTO)?
- Best Practices for Employers to Accommodate Care giving
Wider Opportunities for Women works to address policy issues that seek broader, systemic solutions to alleviate poverty and move people towards economic independence. WOW does this through conducting original research, analyzing issues, and developing solutions.
WOW works with local, state and/or federal policy makers, the media and other nonprofit organizations including publishing policy briefs, crafting op-eds, writing reports, speaking at forums, and working in coalition with other advocacy groups. WOW continues this work to advocate for policies that improve educational opportunities, increase access to work supports, promoting promising programs, and support women, older workers and youth.