The Economic Security Scorecard
The Economic Security Scorecard grades state-level policies on their potential to improve the economic security of workers, families and retirees. The Scorecard examines 85 policy choices in 20 different policy areas, and can be used to identify policy strengths and weaknesses, apply an economic security framework to policy making, and reconsider public investment and budget priorities.
The Scorecard also examines and grades for each state the affordability of basic costs of living, such as housing, health care and transportation, for working-age and senior households.
States receive a wide range of individual policy and policy area grades, but the Scorecard finds that few states have distinguished themselves by employing a broad, integral approach to helping their residents obtain the basic elements of economic security.
- WOW Economic Security Scorecard 2013
- WOW Economic Scorecard Policy Grades (XLS)
- WOW Economic Scorecard Policy Grades (PDF)
- WOW Economic Security Scorecard Overall Element & Policy Area Grades (XLS)
- WOW Economic Security Scorecard Overall Element & Policy Area Grades (PDF)
- Scorecard Policy Definitions
- Press Release: States Fall Short on Promoting Economic Security (PDF)
- Media Coverage